Friday, December 17, 2010

The Day After

The worst part of the next day wasn't the hangover I felt, it was knowing I had to see Keith. I didn't know how to act or what to say or anything and I didn't know why I was panicking either. It was pissing me off major and I knew I would be in one of my bitchy Gemini moods all day. Hopefully he would feel awkward too and leave me be.

Didn't happen!

At lunch Keith strolled over looking all dapper like all was right with the world.

"What ya doing for lunch babes?"

I just shrugged.

"Well lets go out" he offered. I looked at him long and hard and decided what the heck my nerves had kept me from having an appetite all day so I was definitely starving. I was just freaking out now because Keith ALWAYS went out for lunch and he NEVER invited me.............. until now. I guess my lay was worth a Chic-Fil-A meal. He paid for our food and we had meaningless conversation. I think with all the events I had lost my interest in Keith, something changed. I didn't know what it was and I didn't care either.

Back at work I sent a text to Tosh alerting her that I had effed up the night before and she immediately called.

"Did you use protection?"

"No.............. it happened to quick, shoot I didn't even think about that!" I whined.

"Jaycee! You don't even know this guy, first your in a happy hour drinking shots galore, then you let him inside your apartment, he could have just dropped you off he didn't need to come in, then you let him raw you! What is that city doing to you?"

I sighed, I had left Virginia a virgin swearing I was waiting until marriage. Clearly that didn't happen. Then I convinced myself I would marry Eden (remember that's the ex) so it was OK for us to do it, but clearly that didn't happen, but Keith, well Tosh was right I don't really even know him on that level personally so I had no excuses "I don't know Tosh I feel so stupid right now and we went out for lunch and he acted all normal but I just felt weird I'm so pissed at myself."

"Well its too late now, its over and done with, you aren't a dummy Jaycee you just make bad decisions it happens, hell look at me!" Tosh said. Tosh had a live in boyfriend, I didn't know him that well he had popped up in her life out of nowhere. But I did know her ex VERY well, who she still had sex with, her ex was the guy she came up with on my birthday with Fred! Ugh at the mention of that player. But Tosh couldn't pick, she loved her boyfriend because he was a little more refined and hardworking, where her ex was in and out of jail and just wanted to party and drink. Yet she couldn't leave him alone!

We made more small talk and I ended the call when my lunch was over. I had been making very poor guy decisions every since I dropped Eden. Maybe I should give him a call. He never made me feel this way we just argued over the littlest things, but maybe we could talk things over and try again, I knew that was back tracking but anything was better then the track record I was building up now, it had to be.

I grabbed my cell again and scrolled to Edens number and typed up a quick text:

Hey stranger, its been a while we should meet up and catch up. Free later?

Hope that wasn't another bad decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment